PET PORTRAIT, SEASCAPE & LANDSCAPE COMMISSIONS
PET MEMORIAL COMMISSIONS & GIFT CERTIFICATES
Celebrate your pets with a unique work of commissioned FINE ART. My commissioned Pet Portraits, Seascapes & Landscapes, are hand painted - Fine Art - that lasts generations, using Archival Oil Paints on the finest Linen Canvas. Fine Art Pet Portraits are painted from your photos in a highly realistic style and start at $450. The Canvas profile is ¾” on kiln dried pine wood frame bars.
Linen is my canvas painting surface
• Oil Primed Linen Canvas made from the Flax plant, is the most expensive canvas that stands the test of time; it's a sound investment. Threads that make up linen (warp & weft threads), weigh the same and are less prone to expansion or contraction due to moisture. The long fibers resist deterioration for at least 5 centuries and up to 2,000 years.
• The beauty of Linen is that is has a non-mechanical surface; a lovely texture much superior to cotton. It retains natural oils while preserving fiber flexibility to prevent brittleness.
• Pet portraiture, with its fur and eyes - is essential to paint on Linen. You don’t want a bumpy texture to interfere with fine details, especially the eyes.
• I do not paint on Masonite panels, inferior cotton canvas, and am not a “craft” artist that uses acrylic paint, nor do I embellish photographs to create “digital art”.
PAINTING FROM PHOTOGRAPHS
I paint from your photographs – which helps me to see the subject from your eyes which ultimately has more meaning in a pet portrait, seascape or landscape. I will happily offer advice on the best photos for any portrait.
Photos for Pet Portraits
I require that you e-mail photos of the highest resolution possible. Many times Instagram photos are fine. The best quality photo is especially important for eye and fur detail.
The bond we have with our pets is forever in our hearts. No matter how long we have our pets, our strong bond is an intense love, and an even more intense loss. A memorial portrait allows you to experience - more so - the feeling of closeness that you had with your pet, and to soften the loss a bit.
They far surpass what a mere photograph can do. I feel the reason for this is the utmost care that I put into creating a Fine Art masterpiece of your pet that can be so much more beautiful, so much more meaningful, and substantial over a photograph. Smiling, bright eyed pets remain just as happy in a portrait for hundreds of years to come.
A memorial portrait brings you moments of joy, and as well brings that same joy to the countless generations of viewers that follow. A Fine Art tribute painting creates a beautiful lasting bond, and it’s an honor for me to create Fine Art portrait commissions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Pet Portrait gift certificates make a unique and highly meaningful gift. The details are not necessary in advance, and the price can be kept confidential as well.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
Price guide (without framing)
||Seascape or Landscape
|Choose Vertical or Horizontal format
|6 x 6 Head Portrait
|8 x 10 Head Portrait or Full Body
|10 x 10
|11 x 14
|12 x 16
|16 x 20
|20 x 20
|18 x 24
|20 x 24
|22 x 28
|24 x 36
|30 x 40
Photos for Pet Portraits
FINE ART prices vary depending on the details of the subject matter; Complex fur, etc. In seascapes or landscapes – complex subject matter can increase the cost – especially if the landscape scene is large and I’m asked to paint it on a very small sized canvas.
Requests for two pets painted together – that are not “together” in a photo - increases cost as there is much additional work to scale and paint the subjects together - to match their actual sizes. To be quoted.
Additional pet - add 25% | Complicated backgrounds – add 30%
In general, FINE ART pet portraits will have a solid color background that is gradated in light. Small 6 x 6 Head Shot Portraits will have a solid background – as the pet’s head will take up the entire canvas with little background.
PAYMENT AND SCHEDULE
Once I have email agreement to the terms, I proceed with scaling the image and providing you an image via email that show the boundaries of the image that is to be painted. You will have size choices that fall in line with the “general size” that you desire.
1st Payment – (One Third)
When I have drawn your image on Canvas, and have prepared for oil paint - I ask for the 1st payment via an invoice that I email you.
2nd Payment – (One Third)
When the painting is finished – I will send you images. They will be posted to Instagram, and as well there will be updates posted to Instagram to show how the painting is progressing.
3rd Payment – (One Third)
After the painting is dry, (generally 2-3 weeks) – I will varnish the painting. This protects the painting from dust and moisture and adds many years to its longevity. 4 days later - I take the painting to be professionally photographed. Again, posted to Instagram.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
The varnished painting must be completely dry - before shipping.
I will construct a special box with various types of padding to prevent the painting from moving in its box. It must have foam bumpers and special padding to prevent any movement. The top of the painting is not to touch the interior of the box, so it can be a complex packing job. I provide this service for you free of charge. I do not charge for packaging materials, although it takes much time and proper sourcing of materials to make sure the painting makes the safest journey to you.
• Shipping will be quoted as I obtain the cost from the US Post Office. It is not marked up – and is the actual cost. Shipping is via Priority Mail to ensure your painting is in transit for the least number of days & has a tracking # for you.
• I quote the shipping cost to you a day before I ship out and your shipping cost will be included with the last 1/3 payment – to be paid one day before shipment.
• Payment is to be made via Pay Pal (Friends and Family) to my email.
FINE ART commissions can be booked out 6 months in advance. If you have a deadline, contact me right away so I can get your painting in the queue before someone else takes your slot. Thank you!
Your happiness and a superior FINE ART painting with great meaning- is my highest goal.
Thank you for trusting that I will create a beautiful quality FINE ART work of art that will be cherished by you - and as well, future generations.